As you plan for your forthcoming wedding, there are probably too many things to be taken care of with very little time available. While getting a wedding dress and wedding venue are some of the obvious tasks that need to be handled, other tasks like getting a live band can often be left until the last minute. This can be stressful as hiring a wedding band may not be an easy thing to do at short notice. To avoid the stress of trying to find entertainment with only a few weeks to go before your own special big day it is important to plan well enough ahead. When you start searching for the right band early enough, you can pull in your close ones to help with the search.
A great wedding band is sure to add an air of sophistication to your wedding reception and you don’t want to miss out on the opportunity to give your guest a wedding reception to remember. A good choice of live band can make the difference between whether your guests become bored and decide to leave early, or whether they decide to boogie all through the night.
Remember that apart from festive events, private parties and corporate events, there are other couples getting married and as you will probably have noticed, many weddings seem to take place on a Saturday night, mainly during the summer months. Good wedding bands are highly solicited for weddings and they go on a first come first serve basis. Some of the higher quality bands are booked up to 2 years in advance, so if you are looking for the best you need start straight away!
Here’s a simple checklist to follow.
1. Search the internet for a band in your area. The best wedding bands are usually found in the first three pages of the search results. Finding a band locally will probably reduce the costs, as many bands charge extra when travelling up to 100 miles to reach your wedding venue.
2. Consider using an agent. As well as having many bands to choose from an agent will also provide you with a solid contract. Please note that although you may gain some piece of mind booking through an agent, their fee most likely add 15-20% on to the cost.
3. Start your search early! Good wedding bands can be booked up to 2 years in advance. Another advantage to starting your search early is that you can have the time to make arrangements, especially if you are bring a band from out of town. If the band is travelling for 3 hours or more, you might need to arrange accommodation. This needs to be done well in advance.
4. Check their song lists. Make sure the band plays a wide range of music. Some bands will specialise in a certain genre of music so if you want something different, you may have to search harder. You may be lucky to find a band that is ready to present your personal choice of music but if you didn’t find them early, you may have lost out to another couple. Always keep in mind that although it is your wedding, your guests may not share the same taste in music, so it’s best to find a versatile band that cover all genres.
5. Listen to the MP3 samples and watch their videos. This way you can be sure the band are professional enough to ensure the music is of a high quality, keeping your guests dancing all night long.
6. Think about your first dance. Usually a good wedding band will be happy to learn your first dance free of charge, however they might need up to 6 weeks notice for this so it is important to be in contact with your band months before your big day. Expecting them to learn requests at the last minute will often lead to disappointment.
7. Read the testimonials. Good wedding bands will perform every week and should have built up a vast number of happy testimonials. Be wary of bands that don’t seem to have many testimonials as the chances are they are not as experienced and busy as they might at first appear.
Always remember that a wedding band can be the necessary ingredient that you’ll need to spice up your wedding event so you wouldn’t want to settle for a mediocre band simply because you didn’t start looking early enough!
The article above was written by Steve, who is a professional keyboard player with The White Doves and also a regular contributor for Music For Scotland, a premier live music agency who representing the very best wedding bands Scotland can offer.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Steve_Cooke/874586
74 Weddings are and will always be a sacred ceremony steeped in tradition. Chief among these traditions is the exchanging of wedding bands. The loop design of rings is thought to represent eternity, so giving them as a gift of affection symbolizes a never ending love. Add diamonds to the equation, and that statement is more impactful than ever. Of course, adding diamonds also adds to the price tag, so you have to be careful or else you will find yourself spending a bundle! Fear not, because you can find affordable wedding rings and bands without sacrificing quality: you simply have to know what to look for and have realistic expectations.
Affordable wedding bands are very much attainable, even when diamonds are factored in. Diamonds are often considered to be not only the hardest naturally occurring substance on earth, but also one of the most expensive, pound for pound. The key to finding affordable wedding bands is not to settle for less quality, but to educate yourself about what determines their value. Let’s take a look at diamonds, the major offenders. There are plenty of ways to cut costs and still walk away with a great ring. Decreasing carat size is perhaps the most dramatic way to do this and you will find that the most affordable wedding rings will have smaller diamonds. To make the diamond look larger, consider setting it on a thin ring: thinner wedding bands will make small diamonds look larger in contrast. Diamond color, that is how much or how little color a diamond demonstrates, offers another way to reduce costs. Opting for a diamond with even a little bit of color is a great way to find affordable wedding bands and add some character to your ring at the same time! Aiming low on the clarity scale, which measures the amount of imperfections or flaws inside a diamond and on its surface, can also shave some off of your bottom line. Cheap wedding rings and bands will never feature flawless diamonds (even pricey wedding bands will rarely include these elusive stones), but flawed diamonds can look flawless to the naked eye. Jewelers use powerful microscopes to identify inclusions and blemishes, meaning that even a diamond low on the clarity scale will not show any of those flaws.
Affordable wedding bands don’t at all have to look cheap. Wedding rings and bands are important and meaningful items and i would never advise anyone to settle for something that doesn’t honor this sentiment. Affordable wedding rings and bands often times ignore diamonds all together in favor of more cost efficient options such as gemstones. Matching these gemstones with the color of her eyes or with the month in which she was born adds a level or personalization to the already meaningful expression.
As you can see, wedding rings and bands don’t have to cost an arm and a leg. If you know what to look for and have realistic expectations, affordable wedding bands can easily look like you spent a great deal on them when in reality you actually saved money.
Angela Lockhart is a writer with a number of specialties including Affordable Wedding Bands. When shopping for affordable wedding bands, be sure to follow her sage advice!